Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensures that Rapido's services—both our internally critical and our externally-visible systems—have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs and a fast rate of improvement while keeping an ever-watchful eye on capacity and performance.
SRE is also a mindset and a set of engineering approaches to running better production systems—we build our own creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation. As SREs are responsible for the big picture of how our systems relate to each other, we use a breadth of tools and approaches to solve a broad spectrum of problems. Practices such as limiting time spent on operational work, blameless postmortems and proactive identification of potential outages factor into iterative improvement that is key to both product quality and interesting and dynamic day-to-day work.
SRE's culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, problem solving and openness is key to its success. Our organization brings together people with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We encourage them to collaborate, think big and take risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on meaningful projects, while we also strive to create an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow.
* Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services rom inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
* Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
* Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
* Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
* Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
## Minimum qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl, Ruby or shell scripting.
* Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration (e.g., filesystems, inodes, system calls) or networking (e.g., TCP/IP, routing, network topologies and hardware, SDN).
* 1 Year of Experience with working with Kubernetes or Dockers on Production.
* 3 Years of Minimum experience in Devops (AND or OR Software development)
## Preferred qualifications:
* Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
* Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
* Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.